Frank X. Gaspar - Poet, Novelist
- — January 5 – 15, Frank at the 2015 Winter Writing Residency for Pacific University's MFA program that takes place in Seaside, Oregon (also open to those who are not MFA students. See information for Residency Writers Conference)
- — November 16 – Frank talked about his influences and creative process to students, faculty and the public at a program held at the University of Massachusetts. Sponsors were the UMass Lowell’s Saab-Pedroso Center for Portuguese Culture and Research and the university’s Jack and Stella Kerouac Center for the Public Humanities. Time was 3:30 p.m. and location was the O’Leary Library Learning Commons, South Campus, 61 Wilder St., Lowell.
- — September 11 – Frank read from 6 to 6:30 pm at the Southern California Poetry Festival, which takes place this year at the Aquarium of the Pacific, 100 Aquarium Way in Long Beach, California. For more information see the Southern California Poetry Festival website at http://www.scpoetryfest.com
- — June 29 to July 7 – Frank in Lisbon for the launch of his novel, O Desaparição (Stealing Fatima), and reading from Nem cá Nem lá (Neither Here nor There) an Anthology of Writings between Portugal and North America, with appearances at the Luso American Development Foundation (Fundação Luso-Americana para o Desenvolvimento), The University of Lisbon, the Disquiet International Writers Conference, and other venues.
- — January 11, 2016 – The poem,"Quahogs" published in The New Yorker.
- — Frank Gaspar is the 2016 Ferrol A. Sams Distinguished Chair, Writer in Residence, Mercer University
- — See Frank's Review of Poet Doug Anderson's new book, Horse Medicine, in Fall, 2015 issue of Verdad online literary journal.
- — Frank Gaspar has been named the 2016 Ferrol A. Sams Distinguished Chair, Writer in Residence, Mercer University
— New work is featured in:
A Manner of Being: Writers and their Mentors, University of Massachusetts Press (December, 2015) and Writers of the Portuguese Diaspora in the United States and Canada: An Anthology, Boavista Press (November, 2015)
- — New poems have appeared or are forthcoming in Kestrel, Miramar, and The New Yorker
- — September 24, 2015 – An Interview with Frank X. Gaspar by Matthew Thorburn, “It’s A Bit Mysterious, and I Like That” on the Plowshares Blog (an extension of Ploughshares literary journal). Includes three poems from Late Rapturous.
- — June 18 – 28, Frank at Pacific University's 2015 Summer Writing Residency – craft talks, panels, readings, seminars, workshops – in Forest Grove, Oregon, (also open to those who are not MFA students. See information for Residency Writers Conference)
- — July 2, Launch of the Portuguese-language version of Stealing Fatima, in Lisbon at the Luso-American Development Foundation (FLAD) Fundação Luso-Americana
- — New poems forthcoming in the journal December.
- — April 23, 12 – 1 p.m. Reading at Long Beach City College in the English Department's Baughn Center for Literary Arts – Room P104
- — January 8 – 18, Frank at the 2015 Winter Writing Residency for Pacific University's MFA program that takes place in Seaside, Oregon (also open to those who are not MFA students. See information for Residency Writers Conference)
- — October 10, Frank moderates a Panel Discussion on Poetry & Other Arts (2:45 p.m.), and reads poetry (4:15 p.m.) at the Anhinga Press 40th Anniversary Celebration hosted at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay in Tampa, Florida. For more information see Program of Events.
- — October 16, 2014, 7 p.m. in the Flagler Room at Flagler College in Saint Augustine, Florida as part of the Writers-in-Residence Program.
- — October 17 – 19th, Reading and Workshops at The Charleston Poetry Society